March 31, 2011
Dear Fifth Grade Parents,
Camp News: Boomerang letter is at the end…scroll down!!!!
March 31, 2011
Dear Fifth Grade Parents,
Camp is approaching fast and it is time to communicate to you some important details and reminders for the big week. We decided to write this letter in a “List” fashion so you can hang it on your refrigerator and check off each item as you wish!
Thank-you for turning in your tuition for camp! If you have not turned in your forms, please do so ASAP!
Monday April 4, 2011
• Arrive at school at the normal time. Have your child bring all bags to the school hall. (One suggestion is to put the sleeping bag and pillow in big plastic “leaves” bag so it does not get muddy.) After this is done, have your child report immediately to their classroom for attendance. Please do not worry about being tardy because of all the bags. We are very understanding on camp departure day!
• Kennedy High School Busses will arrive around 9am. We will need help loading the busses. Estimated departure time is 9:15am.
• Please bring a SACK LUNCH on Monday May 4th, We will be eating this sack lunch the first day we arrive. Please do not include any plastic containers because we will need to dispose of everything after lunch.
• Please have your child bring up all medication to the classroom. Please put all medication in one plastic baggy. Make sure that everything is labeled and in the original containers.
• Parents must drop off all snacks in the school hall. We will have a designated spot to put all the goodies. If you are donating non-perishable items, you may bring them in, prior to camp, on Monday or Tuesday.
• Parents are welcomed to stay in the auditorium to help us load the buses.
• We will return from camp around 12:15pm on Wednesday afternoon. (April 6th)
• Please be at Holy Rosary to pick up your child around this time. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL SO WE CAN UNLOAD THE TWO BUSSES!!!!
• Camp Seymour- Take the time to read the camp packet once again. We will be at camp April 4-6.
• Monday April 4th, we will leave for camp. Students should be at school at 8:15 A.M., ready to go. Return: April 6th around 12:15pm!
• If you had planned on bringing snacks for camp….non-perishable items can be brought to school prior to departure day and perishable items should be brought on the departure day. Send in with disposable containers.
• Camp store money should be labeled and put in an envelope and brought in on departure day.
• Bring a sack lunch on Monday April 4th.
• If your child has special medication that needs to be taken while at camp, please write a detailed note to be put in with the with medicine to explain the exact procedure. Please have all medication labeled and in a zip lock plastic bag to be turned in on departure day.
• Please take the time to talk to your child about camp. Remind them that camp is considered school, even though they are outdoors. They will be required to follow the rules of the camp, as well as, Holy Rosary School.
Ms. Penny Semandiris 5A Mr. David Schreck 5
BINGO BASH BONANZA WITH THE TEACHERS!
This year, THE event kids are waiting for is the BINGO BASH BONANZA with the teachers!! Holy Rosary teachers and staff will throw the ultimate BINGO party for any or ALL of your kids and their HRS friends in grades K-8 (sorry, no preschoolers). The night will include 12 full rounds of bingo with a variety of terrific prizes for the winners. A BIG MONEY PRIZE will be awarded for the BLACK-OUT game at night’s end. The children will not only be served a delicious pizza dinner along with a variety of snacks and beverages, there will be music and fun in-between games! This is a full-on PAR-TAY!!! The best part is, you do not need to be there! Drop your child off and have a night out! Why not buy spots for all of your children? In fact, you can buy spots for them and their friends, even an entire class!! The evening will last from 6:00-8:00 pm in the gym on Friday, May 6th.
Each spot is $25.00, all-inclusive. To purchase spots for your children, you must sign your bid number for each spot desired (ex: for two children, sign your bid number twice). All spots must be purchased by the end of the evening of the auction.
Curriculum update for 4/4-4/8:
We are at Camp Seymour: April 4th – April 6th!!!!!
Thursday 3/7: Investigation #8
In Religion next Thursday and Friday we will begin Chapter 19, Answering God’s Call. We will be learning about Saints Isidore and Maria and we will learn about a vocation to serve.
The fifth graders will continue with Chapter 13, The Revolutionary war on Thursday and Friday of next week.
Students will take a test on Chapter 4, Ecology, tomorrow (3/31). Students look forward to applying what they learned about ecology at Camp Seymour next week.
Language Arts: Students have been reviewing capitalization and punctuation rules. 5B took a quiz today and 5A will take their quiz tomorrow. Students are also reading and choosing favorite poems to memorize. I’ve sent home an explanation of the basic steps for memorizing and presenting poetry and have posted them on my web page, as well. Since the children will be at camp next week, there will not be a spelling assignment or test. I will keep them in my prayers and hope they have a fun-filled, safe, wonderful time learning and playing together!